Saturday, January 28, 2017

Update: Where am I (again)?

The last time I updated I was in Lakewood, Colorado and our lease was coming to an end. After a second car accident, we had decided to return to Hawaii with pit stops in Maryland and Ohio.

A few things that have happened:

  • I took my first overnight train from Denver to Chicago to Cleveland
  • I started writing for The Suburbanite (somewhat) steadily
  • My freelance business is taking off
  • I'm rebuilding my website at ajahannah.com
  • BF, Sister #3, and I went to Costa Rica
  • Thanksgiving with the BF's family in Ohio
  • Christmas and New Years my family in Maryland
  • BF and I returned to the Big Island in Hawaii
  • A deep, overarching and long-lasting depression
I've tweeted (I think) about how you can tell I'm depressed by the lack of writing. This includes a lack of blog posts. If you look back, those months where I skip posting (or I only posted once) are usually depressions. At least 2016 seems like it was better on me than 2015.

I'm thinking about writing a post about my depression--because doesn't everyone like to complain on the internet--but I'm not sure I have anything insightful to say. That aside, depression and anxiety still feel very embarrassing to talk about. 

I'm not sure if this last depression is over or if I'm just in the eye of the storm. I always seem to start to new year stronger. Maybe because my birthday is coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment