Thursday, January 16, 2014

Crash Diet: Day One

I gained some weight over the holidays, which is a polite way to say I got fat. I gained 10 pounds at least. At LEAST!

I can feel it in my middle: in my stomach, breasts, hips, and thighs. What! WHAT!

It's my fault. It is. I was the one that ate six packages of dinnerolls and four apple pies in one month. Just because it was "the holidays" and I could. My pants got tight. My dresses bulged at the stomach where they used to be smooth. 

Sigh. I cut my meals down, shrunk my portions, and began to exercise a bit everyday. I put alarms on to remind me to drink more water and to not eat after 7:30. 

When I was in high school, this worked. This worked always and immediately! Instead of losing the pounds, on the eve of my twenty-fourth birthday, I found I have been gaining weight. GAINING!

WHAT THE HOLY HELL IS THIS?!



It wasn't until I saw this picture that I realized I needed to take immediate action. I am muffin-topping all over the place. 

Today, I started a free account on sparkpeople.com so I can track my exercise, calories, and weight. It calculates my BMI or me and tells me the amount I should eat everyday in order to lose the weight I want to.
My "normal" body

This is great! This is awesome! I feel accomplished when I record something. I can see my progress!

Except, now it is 8:30PM, I am 100 calories over my daily intake, and I am starving.

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment