Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Celebrate Mixed Kid Heritage

The blog Desfile da Mixed Kids recently had a fashion show featuring all mixed children, though I hate it when people say:"Oh, I want to have mixed kids because they are so beautiful" as that is no reason just to have mixed children. Think about the child and the struggles they will go through. This is not to say I'm against having mixed children. I am mixed and I will have ones of my own, but it's frustrating to be treated as if we are things, scientific creations or cute puppies.

Away from this rant: If you want to see some beautiful mixed kids celebrating their heritage, visit this blog. I can't read Spanish very well so I don't know the rest of the articles though I'd very much like to find a translation if someone can leave that for me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment